Gardening Resources *
Recycling and Hazardous Waste Disposal Options -- Reduce - Reuse - Recycle *
- Cartridge World, 1715 W. Grand River, Suite C, Okemos, (853-0714)
Ink jet cartridges, laser toner cartridges
- Dart Container, Howell Road (south of Holt Rd.) at the 127 overpass (south side of road) between the overpass and Cedar
Styrofoam (no packing peanuts)
- Delphi Stained Glass, 3380 E Jolly Rd, Lansing, Michigan 48910 (south side of road)
- East Lansing Recycling Center, East State Road
Aluminum, corrugated cardboard, clear glass and brown glass, magazines, office paper, paper bags, plastic and tin.
- Friedland Industries, Center and Maple, Lansing (482-3000)
Lead batteries, paper stock, corrugated cardboard, newspaper, #1 & #2 plastics, phone books, magazines
- Goodwill Thrift Stores, 1860 W. Grand River Avenue, Okemos (347-3160); 33030 Lake Lansing Road, East Lansing (853-0220); 2200 Coolidge Ct., East Lansing (204-2548); 1161 E. Clark Rd., DeWitt (669-2914)
May accept nonworking computers, peripherals and televisions. Call first for guidelines.
- Granger Recycling Center, 3535 Wood, Lansing (372-0555)
Aluminum, corrugated cardboard, clear glass and brown glass, magazines, office paper, paper bags, #1 & #2 plastics, milk jugs and tin.
- Ingham County Health Department, Bureau of Environmental Health, Hazardous Household Waste, 5303 S. Cedar at Jolly Rd., May through September, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00-6:00 p.m. (click here for details)
- Lansing Metal Exchange, Inc., 3030 S. Martin Luther King Dr.
- Meridian Township Recyclopedia
What to Take Where and When in and around Meridian Township.
- Meridian Township, Transfer Station, 5976 E. Lake Dr., Haslett (Tuesday-Friday) 11:00-6:00 and (Saturday) 8:00-3:00
Corrugated cardboard, newspapers, brown and clear glass, tin cans, aluminum cans, #2 plastic bottles, milk jugs, magazines
- Padnos Iron Summit Division, 1900 W. Willow, Lansing (372-6600)
- Michigan State University Recycling Center, Farm Lane—between the two railroad underpasses.
White Paper, Mixed Paper, Magazines (including catalogs and directories), Newspaper (including inserts), Cardboard, Boxboard (cereal, cracker boxes, etc.), #1-#7 Plastics (separate your milk jugs from other plastics), Household Metals, Clear and Brown Glass. Also, they sell compost.
- Williamston Township (655-9193) Township Hall; Zimmer and Germany (Second Saturdays) 12:00 - 3:00
* The presence of an entity on this list does not constitute endorsement by the Meridian Garden Club.